Total Pageviews

Tuesday 1 February 2011

Barnsley Acoustic Roots Festival

http://barfyr7.blogspot.com/

Well done for today - if you check out the link above you can see we have a separate site for our work on the 'Barnsley Acoustic Roots Festival'


Our Joey


Hi its Bradley here I'm just saying about on Tuesday our form and others was practising for a play and a dance about the mining disaster at the Huskar (Silkstone) and 26 children died that day and we were  paying our respect and I was dad, Lewis was Joey B and Liam was George (Joeys old older brother) they both died that day. They were devastated all their freinds and neighbours miss him they died from the floods from a freak thunder storm. 

12 comments:

  1. Hi Mrs. H, I'm our form got picked to work with the Barnsley Acoustic roots festival!
    Kate P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi madam i liked coming up with our own songs me and georgia had a really good one and everyone else! It was brilliant! Rebecca :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really enjoyed doing the songs with rebecca and maria was just brilliant:) Georgia Fenton

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi mrs hewitt its liam and brad here and we were just wondering when are we doing this again?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I learnt more about what happened in the Husker Disaster, I was in Mrs Hewitts group so I did drama and I was 'our Joeys' Mum. We need to finish the drama piece and get our form to participate.
    Kate P

    ReplyDelete
  6. The little play that we did was cool about the Huskar pit disaster. I learnt about what happened in the pit. I still need to get some black clothing for the next time we do that dram.
    Jacob.simpson

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi madam i leanrnt that you start work when you are about 7.
    i was a knocker upper and went across the stage and shouted ' COME ON 4 O'CLOCK TIME TO GET UP.'

    elliot smith :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i practiced those songs with ray and i really enjoyed it he was really nice i learnt alot of diffrent songs what they were about and why the people who wrote them wrote them i think wwe need to improve by singing louder and following instruction properly and look like were having a good time as we all looked misrable

    Elissa Smith :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. THE HUSKAR DISASTER WAS VERY INTERESTING. I LEARNT THAT THE PIT WAS VERY DANGEROUSE AND I ALSO NEED TO GET A BLACK T-SHIRT!!!!!!


    ********
    *GEORGE*
    ********

    ReplyDelete
  10. mrs hewitt,you no for that booklet does it have to be colourful? Amie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Amie, I am more concerned with the content than the colour. I am happy for you to produce a Black & white booklet OR a colour one whichever you prefer,glad you are doing your homework! Mrs H

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice blog.I really enjoy visit your blog.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete